Let’s face it- milk tea has been the rave these past years making a very saturated industry. But in every saturated market, there are still those who differentiate themselves from the rest by taking things one step farther- and that is exactly what Super Duck Modern Tea did! Here’s why they deserve a spot in the limelight.
Citrus Green Tea with Plum, Dark Choco Nai-Kai, Coffee Jelly w/ Mint Tea Base
An original Taiwanese brand boasting three years in the market, it currently has four branches in the metro: ADB Ortigas (2012), ABS-CBN’s The Loop (2014), TCC Bldg. in D. Tuazon (2014) and at the 2nd floor of SM Cyber West in front of SM North (2015). The latter was the newest branch and the one we were able to visit.
What makes them stand out? Let’s bullet them out, shall we:
- They use real fresh fruits in their mixes, not the typical syrup/powder
- This deserves a separate point– they use REAL rose flower and REAL mint! We don’t see that often.
- They support local farmers by getting their supplies locally as much as possible
- Non-in-season ingredients are directly imported from Taiwan
A few of the official signature Super Duck tea variants!
- Customized tea– if you’re pretty OC about your drink, you can create your own milk tea from scratch!
- Having said that, they have loads of different types of tea- TEN TYPES!
- Don’t have the time to make your own? They have fixed variants as well!
Durable and microwaveable cups!
- Imported ingredients include cane sugar- no, they don’t use unhealthy hi-fructose corn syrup!
- YES, they serve HOT TEA (unlike other milk tea shops- I make this a point because I love hot tea!)
- They have cup variants that are microwavable! So you can heat hot drinks up when you get home.
- And here’s the coolest part- they have variants tea, milk tea and fruit tea WITH ALCOHOL!
They even cater to parties serving alcohol-infused tea shots!
Having all the information laid out to us proved for a more awesome tea-drinking experience. Well, with prices similar to the average milk tea shops while utilizing far better ingredients, the obvious choice on who to pick lie clear. I guess the only drawback is that other people far from their four branches will have accessibility issues.
They offer two sizes for their drinks– the medium 500cc, and the large 750cc- again, more than your average milk tea shop. You can also choose your sugar level from 0%-150%, and your ice level from hot to full iced.
Taste of the tea– I can say they taste fresh and natural. Better for my palate because I can remember cringing in a milk tea drink before because of too much hi-fructose. I didn’t get that feeling on my drink despite having 100% sugar on it. They smell really nice too, especially the fruity variants.
Large Coffee Jelly w/ Mint Tea Base – P100
(Ugh I forgot what this is- to follow?)
Some of their other pre-made signature mixes
Hibiscus Tea, Quackers Food Menu, Pasta Selections
It goes to say that a thirsty person isn’t always without a hungry tummy. Hence, their Quacker vegetarian food selection! Actually, it was only after eating some that I found out they were all veggies- I was fooled. They tasted like the real thing! Besides tasting like the real thing though, these are better options for consumption because they are healthier. Quite the nice things to partner with healthy tea right? Serving unhealthy food will eliminate the purpose of drinking tea in the first place. Here are a couple of photos of their food!
Asian Dumplings – P65
Veggie Calamares – P90
Tofu Bites – P65
Veggie Cheesedog & Fries – 90
Potato Wedges – P65, Veggie Seafood Cup – P100
Fish & Fries – P70
Mushrooms – P70
Cheesy Pesto Calamari – P140
Linguine Carbonara – P120
Spaghetti w/ Soy Balls – P100
The cheesy pesto calamari and linguine carbonara made the ‘What, they’re veggies?! I didn’t notice!’ cut, whereas the spaghetti with soy balls tasted differently from what I expected- probably this taste appeals to vegetarians, eh? It’s not for me though. But I love the two former dishes! Totally recommendable.
Definitely coming back here if I’m in the area. Next up, some Heineken Green Tea!
Here’s the menu for the SM Cyber West branch (they have different food in the other branches):
SUPER DUCK MODERN TEA
2nd Floor SM Cyber West, West Avenue, Quezon City
Telephone No. 02 570 22 92
Mobile No. 0917 858 72 94, 0943 706 61 33
Other Branches: ADB Ortigas, ABS-CBN The Loop, TCC Bldg. D. Tuazon